Monday, September 21, 2015

Feeling happy/ training update w/e 9-20-15

 I am finding myself in a good place with my running and my life right now.

 Finished up this week with the most mileage so far since April and everything still feels great. We had some cooler and drier air for most of the week and that always helps. There were several highlights during the week. On Wednesday I finally returned to the hills of Umstead fully expecting to get my butt kicked by the hills but despite 82F, with the lower humidity I felt great and handled the hills quite well.
  On Friday I had yet another great workout with Laura Frey. I was only going to run 5 with her but she convinced me to go ahead and join in for 7 and I am glad that I did. I felt great, ran tempo pace for most of the run and finished with a pr on the last .4 mile segment.


  Then Sunday I went out for a longer run but started a bit late and the humidity was back although not nearly as horrible as last weekend. I was able to run 13.1 iles a full 9 minutes faster than at the Holden Beach half last Saturday !

 Looking forward to more cooler weather and some more good miles in the coming week.

No comments: